This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

New update past due?

luckybirman 91 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
It's over 4 months without a map update. Are they trying to cut down to 3 per year, or maybe ONE ? Thank you

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Nope. Something weird is happening in Amsterdam that North American maps for all devices are delayed a few weeks.

The party line is 'to add additional roads' but that sounds like hooey.

I've also seen a poster say that a customer service agent said that TT discovered a problem whereby mapshare files wouldn't download properly with the new map in TT's unit testing. :roll:

Regardless of the reason reason, we are all waiting ..........
  • North American maps for all devices are delayed a few weeks.
    Thanks for the information. I was waiting but gave them a few weeks past the 3 month period before I contacted this forum. A few weeks has now become 4 weeks late, and we're still waiting. We will see if the next one comes on time (maybe another 2 months) or if they come 3 months from when this one is finally released.
  • mvl 191 Points
    They are targeting the last week of March.
  • team79 0 Points
    From this note it appears the maps were released today 3/26

Haven't tried to download yet will give it a try tonight

http://www.tomtomforums.com/t29081-map-905-has-been-released-including-north-america.html
  • dhn 336 Points
    Yep, available today........
  • team79 0 Points
    Well after nearly two days of trying I got 9.05 installed on my 1535. Got numerous lost connection to server messages, No Maps found messages and then finaly today when I connected the 1535 to my computer it started downloading again (even before I logged in to the website)
  • dhn 336 Points
    How long did the download take today? How long did the install seem to take?
  • team79 0 Points
    This morning when it started downloading it seem to start at about 40% and the download completed in about 40mins.

When the install started the first est. it showed was 48mins.

The estimates were about 10-15% low however.

Note. Overnight my ISP did upgrade their service (Comcast) I'm now on a 20/12 plan.