This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Junction View Files

Sussamb was gracious enough to post this link for download of the full US JCV file for the latest CNNANT release.

http://download.garmin.com/support/2013_40/NA/JV/D3060090A.JCV

It would be helpful if we had a sticky link on this site to locate it.

Comments

• s2800021 81 Points
    I have a related question on JCV files. Hope this is ok with Seldom.

I understand that the default JCV file associated with a map generation is normally named product.jcv. In the above message, the JCV file is known as D3060090A.JCV. Does it mean that the associated map file is therefore D3060090A.img in order for the junction view to work?

Thank you.
  • Boyd 2009 Points
    I have added a link to our FAQ sticky titled Updating your maps, firmware and other Garmin software - see Where to download the latest junction view files (which just links back to this thread).

However, for it to be useful, everyone should use this thread when posting links to the newest files.
  • Seldom 0 Points
    Got it. Thanks.
  • Gramps 0 Points
    I have a question about the most recent JCV file. The one that GE just installed in my JCV folder is called D1279170A.JCV and is also 792.9MB (same as D3060090A.JCV).

Which one should we be using?
  • alanb 557 Points
    Keep the one you got with the map update. Since it is a large file, it likely contains full coverage. No reason to swap it unless you see a problem with it.
  • Seldom 0 Points
    Just curious, Gramps. Which nuvi do you own, and how much internal memory does it have? Getting a full size JCV file is important to those of us with small internal memory (my 1490 only has 2 GB internal). So I have to put the full JCV and the map update on a microsd expansion card. The installers are smart enough to put the map on the card but not the JCV, so the put a small JCV in internal memory. The installer's smart enough to give folks with more memory the large JCV.
  • Gramps 0 Points
    Seldom, I have the 755T. In fact I have it mounted on my desktop right now and with the large JCV file installed it still reports having 639.8 MB free. (3.9GB total). Much of the unessential stuff that I use I have on a SD card (Music, audio books, etc.) I will also be getting a Canadian Topology map for Ontario on the card this summer. I am also considering getting the Blue Water marine maps (Georgian Bay and Muskoka) on different card and use it if and when it ever warms up around here!
  • G.M.T. 0 Points
    I have just bought a Garmin nuvi 2595LMT and updated the map as instructed in the manual - so I now have the All Europe NTU 2013.30 version.

On testing the unit I have found that the Lane Assist and Junction View features do not appear to work. I have tested the unit around the Swansea and South Wales area (United Kingdom).

The JCV file installed on my device is D3048080A.JCV and it is 357,625 KB in size.

Does anyone have this combination, and if so does Lane Assist and Junction View work?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • sussamb 829 Points
    Sorry, I have the 2013.40 map loaded now so unable to verify your jcv file name.

Are you driving past junctions before where lane assist/junction view worked? Or are you just not seeing any? There are far more junctions without than with.

You can also check to see if the file dates of the map and the jcv file are the same, they should be.

I've run a simulation and I'm seeing Lane Assist and Junction View at Exit 47 on the M4, so you could check there. I'm also seeing them at numerous junctions heading East from Exit 47.
  • G.M.T. 0 Points
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the feedback sussamb. Do you have a 2595LMT?

The latest available version of the map file for the 2595LMT is the 2013.30 (according to My Dashboard and Garmin Express). This surprised me as my old nuvi 255W has the 2013.40 version - so I don't know what is going on there!

(The 255W has paid for lifetime map updates, whereas the new 2595LMT comes with "free" lifetime updates).

I don't know if Lane Assist and Junction View ever worked for the junctions I went through - I have never had the feature before (not supported on the 255W).

I simply assumed it should work with at least some of the junctions as they are really quite complicated affairs, with many available lanes!
  • sussamb 829 Points
    Garmin have pulled 2013.40 as there were a few issues with it, some of us got it though before it was pulled. As it only affects some routing in Holland I'm sticking with it.

Run a simulation along the M4 ... you should certainly see those popping up.
  • G.M.T. 0 Points
    Garmin have pulled 2013.40 as there were a few issues with it, some of us got it though before it was pulled. As it only affects some routing in Holland I'm sticking with it.

Run a simulation along the M4 ... you should certainly see those popping up.
    Thanks for that. I will try the simulation and come back with the results.
  • G.M.T. 0 Points
    OK. Panic over!

I ran a simulation for a trip along the M4 and it worked OK for a couple of the junctions.

Perhaps I was expecting a bit too much from the unit. I certainly thought it should have indicated the relevant lane on some of the junctions I went through, as they are quite nasty!

Does the feature only work on motorway junctions, or are some major road junctions covered as well?
  • sussamb 829 Points
    Some major road junctions are also covered but there seems to be no hard and fast rule. On the A27 close to me I get junction view at a fairly minor exit yet there isn't one where the A27 joins the A23 :roll:
  • G.M.T. 0 Points
    Some major road junctions are also covered but there seems to be no hard and fast rule. On the A27 close to me I get junction view at a fairly minor exit yet there isn't one where the A27 joins the A23 :roll:
    Thank you very much for your help and advice.

I know the A27 / A23 junction you mention - it is one I would have expected should be covered!
  • sussamb 829 Points
    Funnily enough it is if you're coming south on the 23 ... but not if travelling east on the 27 :twisted: