This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Free map updates? Where to find?

bobamos 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
Well, since I am not having any luck with my previous question I'd have to assume that nobody has an answer. So.. that said maybe trying to reinstall maps would do the trick.

Ya see, my Magellan RoadMate 2136T-LM GPS suddenly lost some of the streets on my maps. The smaller streets just disappeared. Magellan has not responded after their first response so they probably will not be helping.

Can anyone recommend a site where I can load try downloading some free maps to my unit just to see if that will help? I'd like to try this before I discard the unit since I have only had it a very short time. I received it used from my daughter, it was her older one, and she does not recall her log in info and Magellan will not help her recover it. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Comments

• Tim 1456 Points
    To my knowledge nobody is making free routable maps like OSM maps for Magellan devices. If you want to try non-routable maps then this is where you want to start: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Magellan
  • bobamos 0 Points
    Thanks for the reply. I am new to these things so let me ask this. When you say "routable maps" are you referring to the fact that the maps cannot route me to my destination? Thanks again.
  • Tim 1456 Points
    Correct-- as opposed to just showing you a map that follows you wherever you are.
  • bobamos 0 Points
    Thanks Tim. I guess that it would be easiest to just purchase another GPS...