This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan Triton 2000

archaic 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Handheld Forum
I have 0 gps experience, Manual seems pretty vague.

When I turn this unit on it starts out in CA somewhere. How to make this start up in my area. "North Carolina", as Home Location?

I just have the base map what it came with. I was looking at getting the Nat Geo State Series map for my State NC, but no longer avaible.
Is the Downloadable Nat Geo Topo the same quality you used to could purchase on DVD for the Trition?

Thanks

Comments

• Tim 1458 Points
    Have you left it turned on, outside, with an open sky view, for a long enough time for it to get your position?
  • Tim

Have you left it turned on, outside, with an open sky view, for a long enough time for it to get your position?

Nope!!!
    Dang I knew I was missing something.

Any advice, on the following.
    I have been messing with RMP Maker got two of the three calibration locations put it, but was unable to decide on a third know location, so I gave up lol. Need another crack at it, maybe I need t try the front end loader thingie above. I have a good quality topo map of my area, but in PDF.
    And I would like to know, or figure out if I can convert the pdf to jpeg, then into the rmp. Or would loose quality. I'm just not sure how to acquire the correct topo, and what format or form it needs to be in to start with to use in the rmp job.

Can you just crop out section of a topo save as jpeg and go from their?

Any body got any crumbs to follow on this subject. :lol:
    geez!!!

Thanks
  • Figured it out. Thanks took it out side and it locked right on my location. Sweet.