This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS for motorcycle use

ATLPaul 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
This has probably been asked and answered before but I need a GPS for motorcycle riding that has the following features:
1) Specific route planning - I do not want to choose beteeen fastest and shortest - I want to be able to plan (either on the unit or on the PC to be saved to the unit) a custom route with the twists and turns I want to make.
2) Route recording - if a friend leads the ride, I want to be able to record and save the route for future use.
3) Save and name routes - the ability to save any route (recorded or planned) with a name for future repeated use.
4) POI - the ability to ask about nearby restaurants, gas stations, hotels.

Anything beyond these simple functions is fluff I do not need - I do not need to be able to talk to my unit or have Bluetooth - just the functions I have listed above.

The unit does NOT have to be a motorcycle ruggedized unit - a car unit would work as I can always put a plastic bag over the unit to keep it dry.
Oh and by the way - as cheap as possible.