usb lighter adapter for via 1605tm

winston61 31 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
does anyone have any experience using an aftermarket usb charger lighter adapter for their gps? My 1605 has features that will not work when connected to the radio signal for traffic. There does not seem to be a way to 'turn off' the traffic through menus on the device. Thanks to all.

Comments

• dhn 202 Points
    You would need a micro adapter on the cable to fit the unit. I'd suggest taking your unit to an electronics store and making sure the cable fits before purchasing.

Any car charger with 1.0A to 2.0A should be ok.

To be clear, though.........

You are asking for a regular car charger since the combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger isn't working?
  • I have the tomtom proprietary usb cable. I mentioned in a previous post that the 'favorites displayed on map' function is not available when the traffic cord is used. When I drive the back roads I do not need traffic and like to see my waypoints. The traffic power cord functions correctly.
  • Kyuzo 0 Points
    If you're asking about a mere USB outlet from a 12V cigarette lighter-style adapter, I do indeed use an Energizer-brand single USB for my GO Live.

It works perfectly. I bought it at a local grocery market on sale for $5 US. Honestly, I like it much better than that bulky FM receiver cable. The GO charges well, and there doesn't seem to be any problems with it.

Good Luck! Kyuzo.