This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS with Audible Speed alert

PimWaddis 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I am looking for a GPS that has an audible speed warning that is user configurable for x mph over limit. I have searched the forums, and not much shows up for recently released units. The one that comes up from most searches on the forums is a detector that was released in 2009. Are there any newer ones available?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    No TomTom models have that exact functionality. Warn when going over the speed limit, yes, but the warning will appear about 9-10% over the posted limit and is not user configurable.
  • alanb 539 Points
    As far as I know, no Garmin models have that feature either. Garmin alerts you at 1 MPH over by changing the color of the current speed display from white or black to red and is not user configurable.
  • I am thinking that I have found a solution to my problem. PhantomAlert.com provides updates to put a ass load of information into an existing GPS including speed warning. After viewing all the FAQ's, I sent a message to support to get more info.
  • alanb 539 Points
    I don't think PhantomAlert will give the type of warning you asked for in your original post (speed warning at x MPH over speed limit). If you want redlight and speed camera alerts, take a look at what the POI Factory has to offer.
  • they were in 5mph increments the navigon series. but no longer available.