This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

new etrex 20 track question

so sorry, i have a very simple function i am looking for on my new etrex 20 and cannot find how to do it even using the owner's manual. on my previous etrex venture units, and on an 800, i could easily choose each track after i uploaded a rather large gpx and i could choose each track to display on map, so they will all show on the map at the same time. on the new etrex 20, i can only find an option to 'map' each track of the gpx file separately? i am sure there must be a way to map all at the same time? thanks for any advice.

Comments

• sussamb 798 Points
    You can't display all tracks at the same time on an Etrex 20.
  • DaveM 159 Points
    In Track Manager bring up the track you would like to display. Then select "Show On Map" not "View Map" it will change to "Hide on Map". you can then do the same for other tracks and have more then 1 displaying at the same time. If there is a limit of the number that will display at the same time I haven't found it.
  • sussamb 798 Points
    Nice ... had never spotted that, probably because I don't use tracks and all other mentions I'd seen about it said it couldn't be done.
  • DaveM 159 Points
    I found it looking for a way to display a track while navigating a route. I use the route for turn by turn but if it recalculates the route form what I had in BaseCamp it's easy to see because it's different then the track.