nuvi 2597 traffic receiver included?
  • I just bought a nuvi 2597LMT today at Best Buy. Like it a lot so far after owning an 855, 1690 and a built in Garmin/Suzuki system.

The one I got today doesn't have anything special on the cigarette lighter power cord as far as a traffic receiver. I'm wondering if I have the wrong cord. The 3580 I had for a week had a receiver built in to the cord. Is this one internal in the nuvi?
  • oldzy
    My 2597 is the same, and it is built into the unit, but the cord itself is part of the traffic feature. Perhaps for the antenna.

If you look closely at the cig lighter pwr cord, it will say TA20 Car Charger on it.
  • My 2597 came with the GTM60 traffic receiver cable.

Looks like the 2xx7/2xx8 series come in multiple flavors like the year-2012 series.
  • sussamb
    oldzy said:

My 2597 is the same, and it is built into the unit, but the cord itself is part of the traffic feature. Perhaps for the antenna.

If you look closely at the cig lighter pwr cord, it will say TA20 Car Charger on it.

That's correct, the antenna is in the cable, the receiver in the unit.
  • Thanks all. Is this an FM receiver, then? I notice on Garmin website, they talk about 3 different systems for getting traffic. Which one is this? thanks.
    ed
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!