This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

New 2014 Nuvi models

Garmin is showing off quite a few new models at CES, ranging from basic Nuvis with larger 6" displays to one with an integrated wireless backup camera. Does't look like Garmin is ready to give up quite yet.
http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2014/01/garmin-announces-new-automotive-navigation-devices.html

Comments

• Boyd 1985 Points
    Thanks Gator! I only had a quick look. But it seems the 2798 is just a 2797 with a backup camera. Then the 6" models appear to be like the 3597 but with a larger screen that is not multi-touch.

Glad to see they're still kicking, but these are a real yawner for me (unless I'm missing something). Should help to further bewilder the consumer with even more similar models though. :twisted:
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Certainly got me scratching my head. This side of the pond model numbers ending in 8 have been the ones with digital traffic receivers!

Thanks Gator ... Good to see your eye is still on the ball :)
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    That is ridiculous. Garmin's model numbers have been out of control for a long time. How would anyone know that the Nuvi 3790 is two years older than the Nuvi 3590 and has a smaller screen for example? Or that the Nuvi 295w doesn't have the slightest resemblance to the Nuvi 255w. Or the Nuvi 5000 is an old model, long discontinued?

But using the same number for different products is an all time low IMO.