This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

coordinates is not accurate

scud123 30 Points
edited February 2014 in GPS Recommendations
Hi to all,
Im using A9 GPS tracker. Its working good, but the coordinates is not accurate.. i.e the location is not accurate. It shows some far distance. Whats the problem? How to get accurate coordinates?

Thanks

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Has it established a lock? If so, how far away is it?
  • 1.5 Km.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    And does it have a satellite fix? How long did it have a fix for? Does it ever have accurate coordinates? How are you measuring the distance?
  • scud123 30 Points
    edited February 2014
    Im measuring the distance with the help of google map. Actually i'll get a web link. When i click the web link it will pin point the location of the device with green arrow mark.image
  • Tim 1480 Points
    And does it have a satellite fix? How long did it have a fix for? Does it ever have accurate coordinates?
  • alanb 539 Points
    Are you using the same coordinate format in Google that you are using on the GPS device? Decimal degrees is the easiest format for entry in Google, but many GPS devices show degrees and decimal minutes by default.
  • Sorry. Its not GPS Tracker. It is a GSM Tracker. Is GSM tracker not precisely compare to GPS tracker?
  • SergZak 340 Points
    edited February 2014
    Looks like it's a $20-$30 item (unless the price I'm seeing is in a different currency) and is pretty small (a bit larger than a full-size SD Card). Is that correct? I couldn't find much info on it as it appears to be a Chinese product. Maybe it's accuracy just isn't that great to begin with? I could find no accuracy specs for it nor the manufacturer.
  • Yes. It is a chinese product. Its cheap.