This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Multiple routes.

IcerC 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I have a Garmin 350 and love it but I need a GPS that..

say you load in 15 adresses it will pick the best route to deliver to each one

Any idea what would work?

THe nuvi 7200 says
"# of Tracklog Points is 2000"
"# of routes&wayoints is 50/254"

is that what I want?

Thanks

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Not quite. What you are looking for is the number of waypoints per route. (Not just the number of routes or number of waypoints.)

Most of the Garmin devices, like your Nuvi 350 offer only one "via" per route. Some of the Garmin devices offer multiple "vias" per route. This will allow you to enter a route with multiple intermediate locations. However it will not optimize the order of those locations.

The most common devices that offer multiple vias with route optimization are some of the Magellan models such as the RoadMate 760 and RoadMate 860T.
  • IcerC 0 Points
    Thanks!

So even if I have fallen in love with the garmin... uh is Magellen is just as great?

I found the 7200 for $950 will it do multiple "vias" per route as well?

Whats your favorite GPS maker Tim?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    The Magellan devices are good, not quite as popular as Garmin. Yes, the 7200 will do multiple vias, however it is a very big device designed with RVs in mind and isn't really portable if that is important to you.