This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Viewing toll portions of a route

pandapanda 0 Points
edited March 2014 in GPS Recommendations
Hi,

Is there any GPS that will show me what part(s) of the route it planned are toll roads so that I can selectively avoid certain tolls?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SergZak 340 Points
    edited March 2014
    I don't believe so...or not that I've ever heard of.

I do know that there's a general toll avoidance in the navigation settings but I don't believe that any Garmin unit's toll avoidance abilities ever went beyond that.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    On Garmin you could first create a route without enabling the toll avoidance. Then you could enable it, create another route and compare them. I don't use Basecamp for route planning, but I think it would also allow you to do this on your computer.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I don't recall which GPS, but I'm pretty sure I remember some that in the 'route overview' or 'route instructions' will show a dollar symbol next to the roads which have tolls in the route. It doesn't show you exactly where the toll is or how much it is.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    On Garmin you could first create a route without enabling the toll avoidance. Then you could enable it, create another route and compare them. I don't use Basecamp for route planning, but I think it would also allow you to do this on your computer.
    Boyd, you're quite right ... you can do that in Basecamp ... I do it regularly when I plan my trips to France.

• roadster 96 Points
    you put in your desitination, you then view the route, and when you see where it is taking you ,you can deselect that portion. but you can not unless you choose no tolls.