This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon

Freshman 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Does anyone have any first hand experience with any of the new Navigon units? I have looked at the Navigon 7100 and it seems like a really good unit. Just wanted some 1st hand info if available.

Comments

• Does anyone have any first hand experience with any of the new Navigon units? I have looked at the Navigon 7100 and it seems like a really good unit. Just wanted some 1st hand info if available.
    Tim has a review here.
  • I read the review but I was looking for some more input if available.....
  • jetro 0 Points
    5100 is smaller in screen size compared to 7100, and doesn't have bluetooth, so if you are ok with this, you better buy a cheaper 5100.
  • The Navigon looks like the best GPS on paper. It is only during practical usage that it shows its true colors. Don't say you weren't warned. Perhaps you have a lot of patience with having to click multiple times to get an instruction to take and you don't mind the fact that the Navigon has very few POIs compared to the other major players and there is no way to add additional POIs like on TomTom units and Garmin (got an e-mail the other day from their factory rep Blake who said they are working on it).

Ask yourself what you are getting that TomTom and Garmin don't provide better. Lifetime free traffic is about the only thing I can think of which is why I picked up a Navigon 2100 for $99.99 on BF to assist my TomTom LE with traffic. Oh yea it has the Zagat reviews but there aren't any of those places where I live. Mostly just in big cities.