This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Need help. Map Info Dissapeared after Interrupted Map Update

Jeff_Z 0 Points
edited May 2014 in GPS Recommendations
Hi, I am using Garmin nuvi 1490LMT. I tried to update the map info last night. Originally, it has map of lower 49 states. I purchased a 4g microSD and inserted it into the GPS. The GPS recognized the card and asked me if I want to install map of US&Canada. I clicked yes, however, it just took too long and I had to cancel the installation while the downloading. This morning, when I tried to download it again, Garmin Express kept saying error. It showed that the GPS (without microSD inside) has more than 85% space unused. Previously, it was almost full with just 42mb left. I checked the map info on the GPS and found that no map info available. The map info screen is just blank. I tried to hard reset the device and it still could not do any help. Any advice are appreciated!

Comments

• Jeff_Z 0 Points
    edited May 2014
    Hi, would like to thank in advance everyone for any advice. Please let me add one more info. Last night, when I plugged in the GPS (with microSD), Garmin Express asked if update to map of US&Canada. While this morning, when I plugged in the GPS (with microSD) again, it asked if update map of lower 49 states. I clicked yes and kept receiving error message from Garmin Express :(
  • alanb 539 Points
    edited May 2014
    Please don't post the same question in two forums. It makes it confusing to answer. I will post my comments in your other thread.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    I'm closing this thread. Please use the thread in our Garmin forum for further posts. Thanks. http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/28984/garmin-1490lmt-map-data-lost-after-interrupted-map-update#Item_3
This discussion has been closed.
↑ Top