This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Lifetime Updates with Magellan issues

WindsorGirl 0 Points
edited May 2014 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I have tried again and again and even contacted Magellan but so far they cannot help me. I have the Magellan® RoadMate® 2120T and bought it with Lifetime updates (said it right on the box which I still have).

When I try to update maps however it says I have to buy them:

I talked to tech support 3 different times and uninstalled and reinstalled the software, updated it, etc, and nothing helped. They even removed my registrated GPS thinking re-registering it might help but that did not resolve the issue neither.

I have already told them that I regret buying Magellan and wish I would have bought TomTom even though it wasn't on sale. The reason being is that I had a used TomTom before and I loved it. But because it was used I was unable to update the maps. That is why I bought the Magellan. It was on sale at Canadian Tire. I have done a lot of research and realize that Garmin is the best in GPS so perhaps I should buy that next. However I am not made of money and infact live below the poverty line. However because of all the construction and street changes in my city lately I really enjoyed having the GPS. But due to not being able to update the Magellan® RoadMate® 2120T I have not used it in quite a few months now. Why did I even waste my money on this piece of crap???

Comments

• I had the same problem. I think it was resolved with an on line chat support person this morning. My update screen also said "Buy" even though I had purchased lifetime updates for my 3065. Support rep did something to the account so that when I logged off content manager, closed it, restarted it, and logged back in, and then ran the update, it showed "SUBS-LM" instead of "Buy." I imagine that means "Subscription - lifetime maps." I'm about half way through the three-hour download now. (Magellan needs to get some additional bandwidth!)
  • WindsorGirl 0 Points
    edited June 2014
    You are lucky .. HOW did they fix it? Because the 3 people I got for tech support SUCKED and still I am stuck not using this GPS that I paid for. I am pretty upset that they don't even care to get back to me now .. and I was completely patient with them and never got mad or anything. Terrible customer service I got. Of course I was getting support through email becasue by the time I get home their office is closed. I should try the online chat support. The Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 6 am to 5 pm Pacific Standard Time so I am 3 hours ahead of them... Is the Chat 24/7?? It doesn't actually clarify that here: http://www.magellangps.com/Support/Contact-Us
  • I got ahold of them on Facebook (for some reason public complaints get more attention) and now they fixed it.

However for some reason I am having a hard time now getting the updates onto my GPS without it erroring on the 3rd out of 3 updates..

• Okay it seems to have updated even though at the part after it does and says to disconnect and let the GPS restart and then reconnect, the program (Content Manager) had crashed .. but it seems to have updated anyway.
  • WindsorGirl 0 Points
    edited June 2014
    Well while on my trip the thing failed to find where I needed to go but it turned out that the place is hard for any GPS I guess. Anyway I didn't make it to the place in time so I will have to try another day. But on my way back home the GPS wouldn't work at all. Keeps saying no connection to computer .. but I was in the car and it was plugged in and it was on .. I don't get it. Never saw that screen before.

All I see is this:

I was in the car and the car was on and the GPS was plugged in and the plug had power so .. I don't know..
  • WindsorGirl 0 Points
    edited June 2014
    I bought a Garmin. Screw Magellan.. I am done with the hassles ..