This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin 62stc how to use SD card

I have a new (and first) device for hiking. I installed a SD card, intending to save, by default, all my tracks to it, to eliminate the internal space used on the device. I find references to using a memory card, but can't for the life of me find out how to actually save something to it. I'm using the newest Basecamp software.

Also, while I'm asking things, I was able to load tracks from the Garmin to the PC (just test ones) and then deleted them. They said they were deleted from ALL lists, but does it also delete them from the Garmin itself? If not, how can I delete them?

Sorry for the rookie questions...but I'm stumped and finding useful directions seems impossible.

Way2ob2se

Comments

• sussamb 792 Points
    You can't save your tracks to the card by default, what you can do though is use Basecamp to move them to the card. If you see the message 'deleted from all lists' then that is a delete within Basecamp. To delete tracks etc off your GPS you need to select your 62 in Basecamp and delete the tracks that then appear in the lower left hand pane ... you'll notice you don't get a warning about deleted from lists then.
  • way2ob2se 0 Points
    Thank you so much for the quick reply, and easy explanation. I really appreciate it.