This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Need alternate mounting bracket.

I am mounting my 3597 in my instrument cluster & the stock suction bracket is just too long. I need something that is similar to the long necked one, but without the neck. If it had the ball near the suction lever I could work with it. I have an extra bracket & am considering cutting it up, but thought I would look for one to buy first. Anyone have any ideas? Not sure why Garmin assumes that everyone wants to mount the device on the dash or windshield??? My TomTom bracket was versatile enough to accommodate my needs, but the ball is not the right size. Anyway, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
kev

Comments

• BTW I do want the suction cup mounting. It's just the neck that is too long.
    Thanks,
    kev
  • dhn 330 Points
    Try mountguys.com
  • Found a stubby stick on mount. It's just a ball on a short post with a base. Hope it works!
    kev
    dhn said:

Try mountguys.com

Thanks dhn. Funny, I found the dash mount on Amazon & ordered one. Turns out to be from mountguys! BTW their web site is not available. Not sure if it's temporary.
    Thanks,
    kev
  • My older car was perfect, for my GPS lol. my newer car is not . so what I did was taken a piece of aluminum, bent it to what I felt was the good angle, placed Velcro. and all my troubles in trying to place up, is gone. no more rings on the window. Where did I put it, in the glove box area, because I have an upper and lower, and the piece slides perfectly in. sits below the window, and not blocking any view, or any leg room.

The alternative is a gps radio!