This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

start 25 not working and just out of guarantee

Can anyone help I have contacted tom tom and they have told me how to do a system restore but it does not work. Now my tomtom is stuck on the data page and only goes off when the power runs out. Thank you

Comments

• dhn 328 Points
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.
  • Have done that and it looked to be working as my computer said "busy repairing your tomtom" but it never finished. Now all it does after recharging it is that the screen starts up with tomtom down one side then onto the screen with water and sky then the data screen where it stays until the power runs out?
  • dhn 328 Points
    And you followed the steps shown here? :
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898
  • Hi yes I have and I cannot now get it to go into the recovery mode it sticks on the data page. Have looked on ebay and there are a lot of tomtom start 25 going for sale with the same problem so it looks like it is a very common fault. No more tomtom's for me.