This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS web site

Is it just me? For some reason i can not see the left side of this web site. I dont have probleems at other forum web sites.

Thanks,
Bronco Billy

Comments

• privet01 221 Points
    I can't say that I have any issues using Chrome or Safari, other than sometimes the site logo get overlaid by the category headings when scrolling the overlay up or down.

What portion do you think you are missing from the left side, and is this forum, forums.gpsreview.net, the website you are referring to?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    @Bronco Billy a few days ago we ran several security updates and bug fixes. The updates went as planned and so far only one other user has reported an issue. What that user reported was pretty much the same as you.

In the case of the other user, sometimes the site is loading fine and other times it is not. For the limited troubleshooting we have done, the issue seems to be that the ISP is using a caching server somewhere that is not honoring our cache expiry times or is otherwise somehow misconfigured. So if that is indeed the issue (which seems very likely to me) then the problem isn't on your end, isn't on our end, but is an issue with a caching server your ISP is using.

Unfortunately, there is little we can do on this end at the moment other than wait it out for the ISP to fix their caching server.
  • Thanks guys..I will try Chrome. It might be this older computer with xp and old version of explorer.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    This has nothing to do with your computer, OS, or browser.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    edited December 2014
    Bronco - I am that "other user". :) Who is your internet proider? Is it Verizon perhaps?

I'm sure the problem must be ISP-related because I have tried two different browsers on both a Mac and Windows machine with the same results at my home. This morning it appears to be working. But yesterday I kept checking regularly and saw the messed-up version consistently until late last night.
  • alanb 539 Points
    edited December 2014
    I still use IE 9 on Vista (I know). It has several quirks on this site, and is different since the most recent updates. Before the updates, I always had the IE Compatibility View checked for this site in order to get reasonable but not perfect page composition. After the recent update, the left side of the window was chopped off, so I had to uncheck the Compatability view to get it straightened out. There are still a bunch of things that don't work right. I haven't said anything because I think it is unreasonable to try to accommodate an old browser like IE9. Unfortunately on Vista, you can't update IE to a newer version. I sometimes use Chrome, but don't really care for either Chrome or Firefox.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    That sounds like a different issue than mine then. I did not notice a problem with the left side of the page, but the category list on the right was gone and it appeared at the bottom of page instead.

Things are still holding up for me today, so hopefully Verizon has finally updated their cache to reflect the site changes.
  • What i can tell you is.. my old XP the site works fine on chrome. My new Win7 works fine with Explorer 11. I can not even go to Satelliteguy. us on my old xp machine using explorer 8.

Thanks for all input. I am like all the old guys just dont like change but this site is now a bookmark on chrome.