This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 2689 questions

Hello. I'm new here, but not to GPS. I am currently using a Nuvi 2595 and like it. I like the dashboard options and the Smartphone link worked great when it would stay connected to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus ( older model). I have been looking at the Nuvi 2689 online only at this time. Has anyone tried one yet? Any idea whether it connects better to an android phone or an iPhone? I'm up for a phone upgrade soon, and want a phone that will let me use the smartphone link reliably. That is a must.
Since the 2689 doesn't have dashboards, what info is available to put at the right side of the screen, like the buttons on the 2595 for example. Thanks.

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    edited December 2014
    I believe all the later nuvis allow 3 additional fields on the right side of the screen, like this

• That would be fine. Thanks!
  • How about the smartphone link pairing? I am leaning more toward a Samsung Galaxy S5 but need to be sure the smartphone link will work first! I like being able to see the weather and other stuff directly on the Nuvi.
  • When I asked on another site, I was told the Nuvi 2689 allows info on the right side of the screen like fuel, convenience stores, etc even when not navigating a route. Is this true? I don't want to lose those kind of shortcuts or buttons like I have on my Nuvi 2595.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited December 2014
    You can choose 'Up ahead' to be shown on the right. This will show you businesses etc either on your route if one is selected or on the road you're travelling on if a route isn't selected.

If you download the manual you can read more about it.