This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Customizing Keys

Trying to set up the power and user keys for the single/dbl tap function. The dble. tap dose not seem to work. What am I missing?

Comments

• sussamb 798 Points
    Which device?
  • bigiron 32 Points
    Oregon 600
  • bigiron 32 Points
    Just noticed that as I was trying to figure out the dble. tap thing whenever I tapped the user key once it marked a waypoint as it should and I would cancel it. When I checked the waypoint mgr. I had numerous waypoints that never canceled when I pushed the cancel box. Is this normal?
  • bigiron 32 Points
    bigiron said:

Trying to set up the power and user keys for the single/dbl tap function. The dble. tap dose not seem to work. What am I missing?

When I push the button twice(dble tap) it always goes back to the page I was on. For example, I have the power button set to go to the map page w/a dble tap. If I'm on the compass page and push the power button twice it goes status then back to compass page.

• sussamb 798 Points
    You may need to tap the screen and then double tap. If the screen has gone to sleep the first of your double taps simply wakes the screen, and the next is therefore interpreted as a single tap.
  • bigiron 32 Points
    Are you saying to dble tap the screen or push the button twice. I assumed single or dble tap ment to push the power or user botton once/twice.
  • sussamb 798 Points
    Tap the screen to ensure it's awake, then double tap the power button. Least that's what I have to do on my Montana.
  • bigiron 32 Points
    It always goes back to the screen I was on, not the one I have it set for.
  • bigiron 32 Points
    I'm starting to wonder if my device is defective. The double tap feature just dose not work. If I have either the power or user button set to map or whatever and I am on lets say the compass page. if hit the button twice it blinks and stays right on the compass page.
  • bigiron 32 Points
    I read somewhere "page loop" disables the double tap. How do I check this to see if its on or off?
  • sussamb 798 Points
    Sorry, don't know anything about 'page loop' as I don't have your model. However it's mentioned on the wiki page here, and does say if it's set it disables double tap so ensure it isn't

http://garminoregon6xx.wikispaces.com/Setup+-+System
  • bigiron 32 Points
    Called Tech Support this morning and we went through a number of steps including a master reset. Nothing worked so they are sending me a new one. The support person I talked to was very nice.