This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Tomtom xl rebooting help please

Hi everyone I have a tomtom xl iq routes and when I turn it on it loads up and then after say 3 mins it goes off and then just continues like that. I have deleted applications and reloaded it back on and that didn't help also I let my laptop see if it has any faults and it is fine.
Hope someone can help with some ideas in how to get it working again. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• dhn 228 Points
    When it is on, do you still see a battery icon on the screen? If so, the device is not charging when connected. Does it go off when connected to the cig lighter outlet in the car?
  • No I don't see the battery icon mate. It charges fine just reboots every couple of minutes. Any other ideas mate?

• dhn 228 Points
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.
  • Tried that several times pal, also tried fully charging it and then just letting it reboot till battery is dead and no luck.
    This is really starting to do my head inn now. Anything else I can try mate?
    (Apart from bin it)
  • Tim 1458 Points
    I don't recall for sure, is that a model with the app on SD card? If so, I've had luck in the past on those models by ensuring I've got a good backup of everything on the card and then reformatting (or replacing) the card and putting the files back.
  • Thanks for helping Tim but no pal it don't have ad card it's one that works without.
    I've looked on net for answers and tried the few solutions I found but no luck.
    Really hope someone can point me in right direction. Thanks Tim