This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

INCOMPLETE TRACK

Etrex 20
I downloaded a gpx track from openrunner. The track appears complete 300k in openrunner. However, looking at the track on the map on the device it appears incomplete (284k). It seems some data is missing. In basecamp the track appears complete. I have exported the track from basecamp, but it still appears incomplete in the device.
Any recommendations are appreciated.
YannisG

Comments

• sussamb 792 Points
    There's a limit to the number of track points the Etrex can handle. My guess is the track you've loaded exceeds the limit.
  • Thanks for yr response.
    I don't know if there is a way to reduce the # of points in the GPX file in openrunner or view the # of points in the GPX file before you transfer it to the Eflex. However, I downloaded the kml file converted it to GPX and used 500 points instead of 1300 points of the original converted file, and the track appeared completed. So yr guess is correct.
    YannisG
  • sussamb 792 Points
    You could load the track into Basecamp and reduce the number of points, but as you have it sorted then that's maybe for the future.
  • Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    YannisG