This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Ruptela Devices

Hi all!

Any one using Ruptela devices with gps-server.net? I would like to share the configurations to clear some issues.

I have the fm pro3, pro4 and the eco4+. All having the same issues with gps-server.net. Frequently they create big gps jumps.

I appreciate in advance. Thanks.

Saeed.

Comments

• I hace the same problem, do you know why?
  • I have the same problem too.
    Do you have solution?
  • urushyby 0 Points
    those Ruptela devices are pretty good. especially the new ones, line Pro4.
    And work fine with wialon sw - check the settings, and there's a link to downkoad a working example of configuration file
    http://gurtam.com/en/gps_tracking/gps_hardware/auto.html?id=173884
  • saeed09 11 Points
    I have the FM PRO 3, PRO 4 and the ECO4+ .

I had these jumps becouse of the way the device is sending data to the platform. It would send little info or wont send at all leading to gps jumps. This of course happens only with the gps-server.net's platform.

First make sure you understand that profile number 4 is the HOME profile. I did set all profiles to have the same values or remove all other profiles values and leave only number 4 to be the main.

Try first with Engine ALWAYS ON and enable navigation settings. Set Distance to 300 meters, Time with engine 30 secs, Radial 15 degrees. I have observed that the angle set is very sensitive. Changing the radial value to 20 causes severe jumps.

Kindly note that am using gps-server.net's platform and things could be different with other platforms as the standard configuration files would just work fine with Ruptela's platform but not with gps-server.net.

Am still testing and I am not done. Any one with more feedback please let us know especially with gps-server.net paltform and ruptela devices.

Regards,

Saeed.
  • saeed09 said:

Hi all!

Any one using Ruptela devices with gps-server.net? I would like to share the configurations to clear some issues.

I have the fm pro3, pro4 and the eco4+. All having the same issues with gps-server.net. Frequently they create big gps jumps.

I appreciate in advance. Thanks.

Saeed.

• nikolakolakovic 10 Points
    edited May 2015
    I use the same platform and have similar probleme. I tested the device to Ruptela server and device pro4 worked great. When I connect to the GPS server platform began GPS jumps. I brought it to the terminal and saw that the data do not go smoothly. After a while, the device connects to the server and send all the data.
    I guess there is something wrong with the data protocol ...
    Regards
    Nikola
  • saeed09 11 Points
    Hello!

I stated that to GPS server.net and they said they did some improvements on the protocol. Try to put Radial 15 degrees.

Ruptela got outstanding support and they are helping us resolve this ASAP.

Saeed
  • hi.can you send me a config file?
  • saeed09 11 Points

hi.can you send me a config file?

Nikola,

I got only one FM PRO3 which is working on a clients unit and it still floods the server. For other devices like the ECO4+/ECO4 Light, there are severe issues that we failed to fix. Ruptela says their devices are ok and gps server says their platform is ok. We don't know who is telling the truth. Right now we are stuck and disappointed. Am worried to give you any configuration as still they don't work ok.

I will soon be looking for another sever software license to buy. Any company showing poor customer care always make me feel bad and disapointed. this issue should not take more than a few minutes for a developer to fix.

Regards,

Saeed.
  • Hello, someone has found a solution to the problems of GPS-server protocols? because they really are not interested in helping ..
  • saeed09 11 Points
    Hi...no not at all, they promised me that they will fix the issues soon as they were testing by themselves. Today I wrote an email and waiting for a reply.

What I know is Ruptela and Teltonika are competitors but Teltonika being highly supported by Gps-server.net. I think this makes them not to fix the issue so that we don't buy the Ruptela devices.

I don't care about both brands but Teltonika support and selling strategy is a waste of time and foolishness. Ruptela support is outstanding and prices are good. I would buy Teltonika all day but they are a waste in this industry due to dimple matters.

The bottom line is I am going to quit using Gps-server.net and shift all my clients to another software if at all they won't fix this issue. This issue is simple and it can be fixed very fast for someone who knows his job.

Any one knows a strong software license that I can purchase? Thanks!

Saeed.
  • Hello Saeed
    Is there some news for ruptela proocol?
This discussion has been closed.
↑ Top