This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Need a new Tom Tom

I am looking for a Tom Tom with a 5 inch screen or larger that shows direction of travel on the top in both 2D and 3D. I have a one XL that does that but is outdated. I also have a XXL 500 that only shows direction of travel on the top of the screen in 3D. I also want lifetime maps which I have on the XXL. I am partial to TOM TOM GPS and want to stick with them. thanks griffy

Comments

• dhn 228 Points
    Be aware the new models sold(referred to as Nav4 devices) have fewer options than did some older ones. Further, all newer models require the use of a web based MyDirectConnect, not Home 2 as the older models did.

Here's a link to the newer devices:
    http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/drive/car/products/index.html

Do some reading and then come back if you have some questions..............

(p.s. right now, you CAN'T add custom pois to any model shown in the link. Hopefully, functionality will be there in a few months)
  • griffy 10 Points
    thanks dhn I am going to your link now. griffy
  • Griffy, I had a nightmare of problems with my TomTom's and finally made the jump to Garmin, much to my pleasure!!!
  • Mr Woodglue, I suppose you were so displeased by your TomTom, that you must drag yourself to the TomTom forum to see how the "other half" lives. Griffy plainly stated he was partial to TomTom units and wished to remain a loyal TomTom user.
    Each brand has it's pluses and minuses, supporters and detractors, but I would never attempt to sway a user to any brand. Griffy, follow dhn's sage advice. Do some reading on the units, attempt to get "hands on " experience, then make your choice.
  • sussamb 657 Points
    Well you're both responding to a post over six months old ... :)
  • t923347 406 Points
    That would be A YEAR and 6 months old. ;)
  • sussamb 657 Points
    Oh yes ... lol