This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

3 new firmware updates for Nuvi 3597LMTHD ..

Hi All .
There are 3 firmware updates just show up today ... Software V.4,70 and some text ..!!
I installed them fine , but don't see any thing different ..
Anybody see it ...?

Comments

• t923347 432 Points
    edited March 2015
    If you run Garmin Express you will see what updates are available and the changelog for each update. The updates included Voices, Keyboard and one other type of file plus an update to the firmware version 4.70.

Firmware Update 4.70 Changelog reads:

Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
    ◦Added support for calculating longer routes.
    ◦Added support for the Farsi language.
    ◦Fixed display layout and text formatting issues.
    ◦Improved search functions.
    ◦Improved ASR.
    ◦Improved map display performance in heavy traffic situations.
    ◦Updated translations.
    ◦Added the ability to delete multiple trips using a checklist.
    ◦Improved software stability.
  • JimmyG 11 Points
    edited March 2015
    Cool .. Thanks
    but still can't watch movies or play mp3 ha ...?? :)

BTW .. just try new spot for my gps ... what do you think ..?
  • alanb 539 Points
    On my 3597, I was offered the 4.70 firmware, keyboards and something called "3597 Language Text". I don't know what that last one is and couldn't really identify any updated file on my 3597 that I could tie to that. I was not offered any voice updates.
  • JimmyG 11 Points
    alanb said:

On my 3597, I was offered the 4.70 firmware, keyboards and something called "3597 Language Text". I don't know what that last one is and couldn't really identify any updated file on my 3597 that I could tie to that. I was not offered any voice updates.

I did not see update for voices either ..

• Boyd 1985 Points
    JimmyG said:

I think it would really bother me to have it in front of the fuel gauge and speedometer. I actually considered doing that with my 3550 and rejected the idea.
  • alanb 539 Points
    edited March 2015
    I think I fould the tile it created for the "3597 Language Text" Update. It \Garmin\D415903.zip. Not sure what it is for. Looking at it with WinZip, it contains a folder Text with a number of .glx files for various languages.

Edit: Ok, after booting the nuvi a couple of times, I see these got unzipped into the \Text folder on the nuvi.
  • JimmyG 11 Points
    edited March 2015
    Boyd said:

JimmyG said:

I think it would really bother me to have it in front of the fuel gauge and speedometer. I actually considered doing that with my 3550 and rejected the idea.
    Yeah .. It's kind of very close to your face ...
    I think it will be ok with my 3490LMT since it's way smaller profile.

BTW .. does anybody see anything change or improvement after the update ....?
  • t923347 432 Points
    One addition that I'll find useful is the ability to delete ALL trips or Multiple trips at one time. The change brings trip management into the same screen layout and functionality as Saved Places management.
  • alanb 539 Points
    I wonder what the "improved search functions" means?
  • Zemartelo 207 Points
    t923347 said:

If you run Garmin Express you will see what updates are available and the changelog for each update. The updates included Voices, Keyboard and one other type of file plus an update to the firmware version 4.70.

Firmware Update 4.70 Changelog reads:

Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
    ◦Added support for calculating longer routes.
    ◦Added support for the Farsi language.
    ◦Fixed display layout and text formatting issues.
    ◦Improved search functions.
    ◦Improved ASR.
    ◦Improved map display performance in heavy traffic situations.
    ◦Updated translations.
    ◦Added the ability to delete multiple trips using a checklist.
    ◦Improved software stability.

Be careful with that enhancement "◦Improved map display performance in heavy traffic situations."
    In Garmins world it usually means less stuff shown on the map (like loss of details at higher zoom).

Btw there is also an update for the 2597 nuvi with almost the same changelog except for the improved search functions and adds support for the garmin BC30 Wireless Backup Camera.

• Zemartelo 207 Points
    alanb said:

Its probably to add the Farsi language.