This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

CN NA 2015.40

CN NA 2015.40 is now available.

Comments

• malatekid 82 Points
    Thanks for the info.
  • wkunert 86 Points
    Any info on a large JCV file?
  • sussamb 827 Points
    Don't believe so but keep checking here

http://download.garmin.com/support/2015_40/NA/JV/D3060160A.JCV
  • JimmyG 11 Points
    edited March 2015
    WOW ... 6GB ...

Thank you Bro,
  • alanb 550 Points
    The actual map file is about 2.27 GB. On a 3597, by the time you add the 3D buildings, 3D DEM, speech recognition files, search index files, and JCV file, it adds up.
  • Jimmy47 0 Points
    Quick question... Is there a website that lists the specific cities and/or states that had info updated in this map release? And do they continually add new 3D buildings with each update?
  • SkipD 91 Points
    Where is the actual map file stored on a Nuvi 3597? I cannot find it when searching through the Nuvi's internal storage area. The memory card I put into my new 3597 is still empty even after loading the new map into the unit.

Thanks.
  • sussamb 827 Points
    It's in the hidden .system folder. To see it on the newer nuvis you need to set Windows to show hidden and system files. You also need to switch your nuvi from mtp to mass storage mode. If you're not sure how to do this just ask.
  • Boyd 1997 Points
    This is all covered in our thread about backup here. Do yourself a favor, and backup your nuvi while you're at it. ;) http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/21019/x/p1/
  • SkipD 91 Points
    sussamb said:

It's in the hidden .system folder. To see it on the newer nuvis you need to set Windows to show hidden and system files. You also need to switch your nuvi from mtp to mass storage mode. If you're not sure how to do this just ask.

I have Windows set to show hidden and system files/folders. However, I don't see a "system" folder when connecting my 3597.

How do I change the 3597 from mtp to mass storage mode?

• JimmyG 11 Points
    SkipD said:

sussamb said:

I have Windows set to show hidden and system files/folders. However, I don't see a "system" folder when connecting my 3597.

How do I change the 3597 from mtp to mass storage mode?

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/21019/x/p1/

Make NUVI DIR & Files visible for Backup
    1. To make all of Nuvi files visible you must unhide protected files via Win7 like any other HD.
    2. Start NUVI by itself and go to Volume Screen.
    3. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
    4. The Developers Screen will pop up
    5. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS
    6. Change from AUTO DETECT to MASS STORAGE
    7. Shut down NUVI and hookup to Computer USB cable
    8. Start NUVI and it should recognize it is hooked up to the computer.
    9. Explorer will now see all files in ROOT directory and the .System directories.

• sussamb said:

I noticed I already have this JCV file on my micro sd card. I also looked in the xml file on the Garmin and it is listing the JCV file for 2015.40 as D3060160A. So, I came to the conclusion I downloaded this JCV file for 2015.30 and decided to check the link: http://download.garmin.com/support/2015_30/NA/JV/D3060160A.JCV which downloads the D3060160A file. So, is the JCV file the same for 2015.30 and 2015.40? I am going to test on my way to work in the morning.
  • I just remembered the xml file auto configures on boot up. So, what should be the name for the 2015.40 JCV file... D3060170A ?
  • sussamb 827 Points
    edited March 2015
    See here for how the naming convention works

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/27817/map-junction-file-update-nuvi-series-1450lmt

You'll need to scroll down to see the relevant post
  • SkipD 91 Points
    edited March 2015
    JimmyG - many thanks. This new 3597 is definitely quite a bit different from my old 755T. :-)
  • navomatic 86 Points
    Much longer route to I-35E from my house started last update, now it takes me past the left turn entrance to a connecting highway, and says take a U-turn at the next intersection, then turn right at the entrance. What's up? Anyone else seeing new routing problems? Both my 1390 and 2460 do this in simulation mode.
  • Boyd 1997 Points
    sussamb said:

For future reference, you can link directly to any post in a thread. Just click on the DATE of the post and copy the URL. For example:

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/comment/195134/#Comment_195134
  • t923347 432 Points
    navomatic said:

Much longer route to I-35E from my house started last update, now it takes me past the left turn entrance to a connecting highway, and says take a U-turn at the next intersection, then turn right at the entrance. What's up? Anyone else seeing new routing problems? Both my 1390 and 2460 do this in simulation mode.

Seeing this type of routing error would lead me to suggest it's a error in the map data that should be reported directly to HERE or Garmin.
  • sussamb 827 Points
    Boyd said:

sussamb said:

For future reference, you can link directly to any post in a thread. Just click on the DATE of the post and copy the URL. For example:

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/comment/195134/#Comment_195134
    You know I knew there was a way but I couldn't find it, think I clicked everywhere but the date! Thanks
  • alanb 550 Points
    edited March 2015

I can never remember this either. Maye we need to have a sticky (Announcment section) in the Discussions forum that has Forum usage tips and tricks. It could include this tip, how to post an image, how to include a link, how to quote someone, etc.
  • Zemartelo 207 Points
    navomatic said:

It does sound like a map problem. Like it thinks theres a 'NO LEFT TURN" at the intersection.
    Try this.
    Add an avoidance to the road between the two intersections to see if it makes the left turn or if it tries to calculate some other route without turning left.

Btw are there lights at the intersection? It could be that the map assumes that it takes extremely longer to turn left than to go straight and do the loop back... :)
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Comcast! :(( I'm hoping the Installation time will re-evaluate IF I start the download

.imagephoto MapInstall3.jpg
  • navomatic 86 Points
    Zemartelo said:

navomatic said:

It does sound like a map problem. Like it thinks theres a 'NO LEFT TURN" at the intersection.
    Try this.
    Add an avoidance to the road between the two intersections to see if it makes the left turn or if it tries to calculate some other route without turning left.

Btw are there lights at the intersection? It could be that the map assumes that it takes extremely longer to turn left than to go straight and do the loop back... :)
    Thing is this used to work for years. Streets and lights haven't changed. Last two map upgrades introduced one error, then another. I'll report it some rainy day. Luckily I know the way since this is 90% of my trip starts, but a stranger would be misdirected.
  • I installed the 2015.40 map update to my 1490T yesterday. The large JCV file D3060160A. JCV file does not work with the latest map update I have the large JCV file on a micro SD card.
  • alanb 550 Points
    edited April 2015
    That is the JCV file for 2015.30 and as you discovered will not work with 2015.40. You must use the JCV file that matches the map version you have. Unfortunately, Garmin did not publish the 2015.40 full screen full coverage JCV file for separate download. If you know someone who has a nuvi 7x5 or a zumo 660/665, you could get the large JCV file from them, as they got it with the map update. Those with 1390. 14x0 and 8x5 nuvis did not get it.
  • Is the large JCV file available anywhere? I'm hesitant to upgrade the map without having the large JCV file...
  • t923347 432 Points
    The only places I'm aware of are probable hacker sites. I Google search will probably find one for you but it's against this forum's polices to discuss such sites here.
  • Is there anyone in the forums who has the full JCV file for 2015.30, who could post it somewhere for the rest of us? GarminExpress refuses to put the full JCV file on my GPS, even though there's plenty of room on the SD card for it. Frustrating.
  • alanb 550 Points
    edited April 2015
    Back in Nov. 2012, Garmin pulled this same trick by not publishing the full coverage JCV file as a separate download for the 2013.30 CN NA map. One of the members over on POI Factory uploaded the file to DropBox so other members could get it. Unfortunately it generated so much bandwidth usage that DropBox kept shutting down the user's account.

So even if someone has the file and is willing to upload it, I don't know of any site that would be willing to host it. It is sad that Garmin puts their customers in this awkward position.
  • jimirb 81 Points
    I contacted Garmin about the large file for 2015.40. Here's the chain of useless replies I got: They read from the bottom up.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.
    I'm sorry for the troubles. Unfortunately, we do not have any available information on this at this time.

With Best Regards,
    Vanessa
    Customer Care - Map Update Team

>> Original Message ...
    >> To: Product.Support@garmin.com
    >> Subject: RE: 2015.40 large JCV file << Reference ID: 4424666 >>
    >> Sent: 04/13/2015 17:09 PM
    >>
    >>
    Thanks for your response; however, as you will see in the email thread below, my question was about the LARGE JCV file for 2015.40, not the small, relatively useless file that is part of the update for the 1450LMT. The large full screen JCV file has always been available as a separate download; however, the file for 2015.40 does not seem to be available. Another agent responded that it wasn’t YET available. My question was “will it be available eventually or has Garmin changed its policy about releasing the large JCV file.”

I do not want to give up my large file and a previous update if I have to live with the small file for 2015.40.

Thank you.
    Jim

From: Product.Support@garmin.com [mailto:Product.Support@garmin.com]
    >> Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 12:02 PM
    >> Subject: RE: 2015.40 large JCV file << Reference ID: 4424666 >>

Dear Jim,

The 2015.40 map update is available for download; please make sure your Garmin Express program is up to date to ensure your download is successful. The JCV file will update along with the mapping.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

With Best Regards,
    Edgar
    Garmin International
    913-397-8200
    800-800-1020
    913-440-8280 (fax) Att: Edgar 5916
    www.garmin.com

Additional solutions may be found at http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/searchsupport

>>
    >>
    >> Original Message ...
    >> >> To: Product.Support@garmin.com
    >> >> Subject: RE: 2015.40 large JCV file << Reference ID: 4424666 >>
    >> >> Sent: 04/12/2015 21:30 PM
    >> >>
    >> >>
    Does Garmin plan to release it?

From: Product.Support@garmin.com [mailto:Product.Support@garmin.com]
    >> >> Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 9:28 PM
    >> >> Subject: Re: 2015.40 large JCV file << Reference ID: 4424666 >>

Dear Jim,

I'll be glad to help you with your JCV file question. Unfortunately we have yet to upload the current 2015.40 JCV file for individual download.
    Currently the only JCV file you will be able to get is in Garmin Express during the map update

With Best Regards,
    Ebony
    Garmin International
    913-397-8200
    800-800-1020
    913-440-8280 (fax) Att: Ebony 5858
    www.garmin.com

Additional solutions may be found at http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/searchsupport

Message: I want to download the large JCV file corresponding to 2015.40 but the path logic that has always located the file for previous map updates does not seem to work. I expected to find it at http://download.garmin.com/support/2015_40/NA/JV/D3060170A.JCV but that link does not work. Where can I find the file? Has Garmin changed its policy about providing the large file for owners who wish to use it?