This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

+ Wi-Fi, not PDA

zizek 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I'm looking for a device with the following features:
1. GPS
2. wifi - I should be able to transmit location info using 802.11b/g
3. small form factor, battery operated - it will be mobile

It doesn't need to have a screen.

I can only find PDAs with these features, but they seem like an overkill. Any tips on ready products / components from OEMs will be appreciated.

Thanks !

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I really don't know of any currently shipping devices which are not PDA based and transmit location via wifi. There are some devices expected to be released in the next 6-12 months with wifi capabilities, but they are not out yet and there is no word if they will offer the ability to transmit your location.
  • zizek 0 Points
    Thanks Tim !
    Do you know of any individual components that may be integrated for this purpose ? If so what do I need, and are there any constraints for matching the components ? I should be able to put some engineers on the job, but they don't have knowledge on gps systems yet.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I'm not that familiar with electronics production. The company most GPS manufacturers use for GPS chipsets is SiRF.