This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 1350 problem with update

I can't update my Garmin Nuvi 1350, I ran Garmin Express, and WebUpdater, but the devise say that can't download the update, that I have to remove some files from devise and run Webupdater again.

Comments

• t923347 432 Points
    I guess your question is what files can I delete?

Anyhow, the first thing you need to do is to take a full backup of the contents of your 1350. That's as simple as making a copy of all the files and folders on the GPS to your computer.

Once the backup is done you can delete any Voice, Text, Help, EULA files that are in any language that you will not need. For example, if you only need English then delete all these files except the English ones. The various file names make it pretty simple to tell what languages they are for. Once all the extra files are deleted you will have cleared as much space on the unit as possible.

You didn't say what you wanted to update. If your using WebUpdater then I guess it's system file updates as that's all that program can do. I don't recall hearing about not having enough space for system updates but there is always a first time.

If by updates you mean your attempting to update the maps on the Nuvi then even deleting all the files you don't need will probably still not be enough to install a full map update of either the North America or Europe maps. You will need to install an SD card in your 1350 to store the new maps. I'd recommend at least and 8GB card.
  • rd0051 0 Points
    I did all of these, but continue with the same problem.
  • t923347 432 Points
    edited June 2015
    I wonder if it's your computer that doesn't have enough space as the updates may download to your computer, get compiled and then sent to the Nuvi. Also how much free space is on your Nuvi and on your computer's hard drive?
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited June 2015
    If you're using Express to update maps Garmin suggest you need 13Gb of free space on your PC.

Perhaps you could confirm what you're trying to update, what program you're using and exactly what the error message says and when it's occurring?
  • rd0051 0 Points
    the message say: "Can not install the downloaded installation file. Remove unneeded files from the device, and run WebUpdater again."
  • t923347 432 Points
    As I asked before, how much free space do you have on the Nuvi and on your PC? As sussamb asked above, what updates are you attempting to place on the Nuvi?