This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Basecamp not seeing map on eTrex 30

Basecamp (Mac) has stopped seeing the topo map on my eTrex 30. The topo map doesn't appear on the list of installed maps on Basecamp. I recently updated both the Basecamp and eTrex software. I have deleted and reinstalled both Basecamp and eTrex software without success.

Any help would be gratefully received.

James

Comments

• minijimaus 10 Points
    Revised version of the problem above: Basecamp can now see the topo map on the eTrex but is taking 20-30 minutes to load the map ie before the map will display on the Basecamp screen on my Mac.
  • sussamb 791 Points
    Basecamp needs to index a map before it can use it and this can take a while. Once it's done that it should be available within seconds next time you run Basecamp. There will be a green progress bar under the map while it's being indexed so leave Basecamp running until it completes.
  • Boyd 1966 Points
    It shouldn't take anywhere near that long to index a map. How long did it take to do this before you experienced the problem?
  • minijimaus 10 Points
    I've run Basecamp several times now and it is still taking 20 minutes to index the map. Prior to this, the map would index in less than a minute.
  • sussamb 791 Points
    Have you allowed it to complete so that the green bar has disappeared completely? What Mac OS are you running?
  • minijimaus 10 Points
    I'm running Yosemite 10.10.4. I'll try allowing it to complete and advise.
    Cheers
    James
  • Boyd 1966 Points
    Garmin has a forum for Mac Basecamp support, and the software developers are active there. You might want to visit there if you haven't already done so: https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?171-BaseCamp
  • minijimaus 10 Points
    Thanks I'll check it out.
    Cheers. J.