This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

10 Years...

Tim 1479 Points
edited August 2015 in GPS Discussions
It was ten years ago this week when I started GPSReview.net. A little blog, a hobby, a place to write a few thoughts about using high tech devices in my fairly low tech world. The site grew, I grew and GPSReview.net certainly exceeded my wildest expectations.

Through hackers, trolls, and even a few threats of lawsuits, the community's positivity has always shined. A big thanks needs to go out to @gatorguy, @dhn, and @Boyd. The three of you have always stood behind me even if we were in a heated debate about who knows what.

The GPS industry has had its bubble burst, but the community here keeps on trucking. I can't quite imagine what the next 10 years will be entail, but this community will be here to help fellow GPS enthusiasts.

Thanks to everyone in the community for making the past 10 years an incredible journey.

Comments

• Boyd 1980 Points
    Happy Anniversay Tim! It's been a fun ride, looking forward to the next 10. B-)
  • t923347 426 Points
    Happy Anniversay Tim! It's been fun and looking forward to the future with you and the guys.
  • SergZak 340 Points
    Happy Anniversary to GPS Review! Thanks to Tim especially for his down-to-Earth presence and to all the great people I've met here...& have met up with here as well.
  • alanb 539 Points
    Great site Tim ... it has always been one of my favorites and it is the first place I look for accurate serious information about GPS technology. Like Sergzak, I value the friends I have met here since joining in 2008. Congratulations on the anniversary and "long live GPS Review".
  • sussamb 798 Points
    Can't add much to the above. Always a pleasure coming here :)
  • dhn 335 Points
    Congrats! A truly nice community. What a ride (no pun) it's been so far..........
  • privet01 215 Points
    Ten years is ages in "website" years. Congrats and thank you for your dedication and efforts. It is a great site.
  • Congrats for 10 years! I'm new to the community. I'm looking for new purchase information taking a look around.
  • jangeo67 86 Points
    Can't add much to the above.