This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

500 or 510

I am looking to replace my aging 720 as the battery is shot, it lasts about 10 mins once off charge. I'm looking at the 500 or 510 and was wondering what the real differences are between the two. I also wonder if the 510 is worth the extra 30 or 40 pounds. The other question is will support be as good or as long for the 500.

Comments

• privet01 144 Points
    edited August 2015
    I have a Garmin edge 500 and it's all I need and still works great after more than three years. The 510 is likely just as good or better as it has GLONASS too.

But they no longer show up on Garmin's store website though the 510 still gets mentioned with the 810.

If you are going to buy a new one, why not spend the money and get one that is the state of current technology so five years from now it will still be slightly relevant.

There are some pretty nifty features in the newer edge 20 and 25 offerings and even the new 520.

You can read reviews on all of them at this site........... dcrainmaker.com/

EDIT..... well heck... I now see this is in the tomtom forum.... I guess you were not talking about garmin edge gps/cyclometers.... <<grin>> OOOOOPS

I could delete this, but why.... It should make a good chuckle for you all!!!!!
  • dhn 228 Points
    The 510 has lifetime traffic and lifetime world maps and lifetime speed cameras. The 500 has lifetime traffic and lifetime Europe maps and a 3-month subscription to speed cameras.