This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

is it possible to create a DIY GPS tracking device for tennis shoe?

I saw these GPS kids shoe on the net. They are only available in China. Does anyone have any ideas or is it possible to modified kids shoes?image

Comments

• gpsprotects 0 Points
    edited August 2015
    Sorry here is the link with additional information. The GPS is in the shoes and the charging station is wireless. Is there anything like this in the states? gpsprotectsourkids.com/29-best-gps-for-kids/
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    edited August 2015
    I wonder how well those work? A shoe seems like a bad place for a GPS chip, down against the ground with your body blocking the satellite signals. Then of course there are the issues of vibration/shock and water. :)
  • gpsprotects 0 Points
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for your reply. The technology has already been done. the article gpsprotectsourkids.com/best-kids-gps-tracker-review/ shows it in action. Also, in researching I saw a shoe that use the insole of a shoe that fits in the shoe use for older people, to track them. thanks again. I'm still searching
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    All I saw in that article was a brief mention of the shoe with no information about how well it actually works.
  • Boyd, your right. I mistyped. I meant it's already a product in China when I said it's in action. Thanks.
  • gpsprotects 0 Points
    edited September 2015
    Boyd, check out the website I mentioned for people with memory impaired gpssmartsole.com these are in adult size only. This shows DIY is possible.