This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 2595lmt how to route a stop over

How do I put a route in to have a stop over and then go to final destination nuvi 2595 lmt garmin device gps

Comments

• sussamb 634 Points
    Not quite sure what you're asking. Is this an overnight stop? A few minutes? Some more detail about what you're trying to do would help.
  • wjf 0 Points
    sussamb said:

Not quite sure what you're asking. Is this an overnight stop? A few minutes? Some more detail about what you're trying to do would help.

Yes this is a overnite stay
  • Boyd 1737 Points
    edited October 2015
    I think this will work like my 3550. Press Apps > Trip Planner then press the + symbol at the top left. Press select start location and use one of the methods on the list. When your desired location shows on the screen, press the Select button.

Now press the + symbol again and use the same technique to choose and select the overnight stop.

Repeat the same procedure to add the final destination.

Now press the Next button at the bottom, then enter any name you want for this trip. Press Done. You will now see three items on the left of the screen. Tap item number 2, which should be your stop over. Now you can enter any duration you want for the stop over, like 12 hours. The map button will show the entire route. The Go button will begin navigation.

If you aren't ready to leave right now, just exit the trip planner. You can go back to the Trip Planner App whenever you like and choose the trip you just created when you're ready to go.

Personally, I never saw any value to setting arrival and duration times, but that's just me. ;)
  • wjf 0 Points
    Thanks I will try this,,, I use to use MapQuest or Google maps but they no longer save to garmin gps
  • Boyd 1737 Points
    You can also use Garmin Basecamp for route planning on your computer, and I believe it also lets you set arrival times and duration of stay. Will leave it to someone else to explain that process though. :)