This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin Nuvi 2589LMT

How do I turn on voice advice when I exceed the speed limit in any area?

Comments

• I bought a Nuvi 2589LMT, How do I turn on voice advice when I exceed the speed limit in any area?
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited February 2016
    You can't. Your nuvi will sound a 'bong' if you're over the limit data provided by the map, provided it's set to do so. Also some redlight and speed camera files give spoken warnings.

Google PGPSW as they provide files that can be set to give spoken warnings.
  • Hi Sussamb, Thanks for that I will try it and see how I go.
    John
  • t923347 432 Points
    Be very careful about setting up your Nuvi to give you a warning when you exceed the speed limit. The Nuvi considers 1 MPH or 1 KMH as exceeding the speed limit and the warning is a "bong". It will drive you crazy hearing that warning over and over again as the vehicle (even on cruise control) drifts just over the speed limit and then back again, followed by a drift up within seconds and another "bong".
  • I can't find how to set up the 'bong' when I go over the speed limit. How do I set up up to work.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Should be Settings, Map & Vehicle, Audible Speed Alerts
  • Thanks for the info but afraid it didn't work. There is no 'Audible Speed Alerts'. Beats me. I am about to take it back and get them to send it back to Garmin and buy a Tom Tom.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited February 2016
    Did you hit the down arrow and scroll down? It's not on the first page. If not they may have removed it as far too many people complained due to what t923347 said above.

It's certainly on the 25x8 series although I have it switched off, you really shouldn't need it.