This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin 60CSx troubles

Friends, my Garmin 60CSx isn't showing the micro card I have in it, (USB Mass Storage) , don't appear in the display, is it possible that I have something turned off or mixed up in the settings? The card is not the problem, i have switch the cards in another GPS and its fine. Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Boyd 1781 Points
    edited April 2016
    Does the GPS itself recognize the maps on the card? If so then the card and GPS should be communicating. IIRC you need to go to the interface setup page and specifically enable mass storage mode each time you want to use it.

Really, if you are sending maps to the card it's better to uses a USB 2.0 or 3.0 card reader directly in your computer. The 60csx USB 1.0 interface is S-L-O-W. :)
  • newfielander 0 Points
    edited April 2016
    Hi, i have the problem solved!! I updated my GPS, and everything is fine,the update is very slow working and i wasn't giving it enough time to complete before. thanks!
    I also like to know if i should upload some new topo maps to my GPS its self or should i save them on my mirco sd card(USB mass storage)
  • Boyd 1781 Points
    The 60csx does not have any internal memory for maps. You must store the maps on a microSD card.
  • Ok but right now on my GPS there's (Americas Marine Point Basemap) can that be removed and I would want Topo Canada, (which I have on CD)
  • Boyd 1781 Points
    The basemap is burned into protected internal memory on the 60csx. It is a very small file and internal memory is also very small. You cannot install a regular map there. Install the map from CD to the SD card. It will cover up and hide the basemap on the 60csx automatically.

Basemaps are completely different animals from regular maps like topos. ;)
  • Ok thanks