This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Can I transfer my Lifetime maps subscription to another unit?

The charging or connecting jack on my Nuvi 260 broke and I don't want to pay to fix the unit as it's older. I do have a Nuvi 200 and was wondering if I could transfer the service over since I cannot use the 260 any longer. I would be happy to send the broken unit into Garmin as well so they can recycle the unit.

Comments

• talljr1 0 Points
    The charging or connecting jack on my Nuvi 260 broke and I don't want to pay to fix the unit as it's older. I do have a Nuvi 200 and was wondering if I could transfer the service over since I cannot use the 260 any longer. I would be happy to send the broken unit into Garmin as well so they can recycle the unit.
  • alanb 353 Points
    In the early days of lifetime map subscriptions (7 years ago), Garmin used to occasionally transfer a map subscription to replacement device IF you purchased the replacement directly from Garmin. AFAIK, they have never transferred a map subscription to another used or owned older device. It never hurts to call them to see what they will do for you, but I suspect your best option is to buy a newer nuvi with a lifetime subscription already enabled.