This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

CN NA 2017.20

Comments

• privet01 227 Points
    Durn.... now I got to go through all the rigamarole that I just did for 2017.10 <<grin>> If I'd only waited a few days more!
  • Zemartelo 207 Points
    edited May 2016
    My bandwidth cap is pretty much busted so I have to wait for next month. :(
  • alanb 550 Points
    Understood ... the size varies based on your device model and its features, but for my 3597 the total download was between 6 and 7 GB ... certainly not a trivial amount of data if your connection has limits.
  • sussamb 827 Points
    Zemartelo said:

My bandwidth cap is pretty much busted so I have to wait for next month. :(

Be careful then you don't have Express set to run in the background otherwise it will download the necessary files to your PC.

• Zemartelo 207 Points
    No I dont have it running in the background but thanks for the reminder to check that it was not in fact running.
  • wkunert 86 Points
    edited May 2016
    I found the large JCV on the POI Files website.
  • T_Manero 31 Points
    I have the Nuvi 55LM basic (2015 model); assume Garmin provides large JCV files (1/2 screen images).
    Can anyone provide the link ?
    I tried to synthesize from prior sequential links, but "file not found."
    Thanks.
  • t923347 432 Points
    The full split screen JCV file for your Nuvi comes with the preinstalled maps and any updates will be added via the normal map update process. AFAIK there are no links for the split screen JCV file but it should already be on your 55LM anyway. The "large" junction view file discussed here and in other threads is the "full screen" view file and not the split screen views that your 55LM should already have.
  • T_Manero 31 Points
    Thanks. Didn't realize the half-screen JCV files were already "large" in my 55LM. I also have the 1450 which requires us to scavenger find large files via helpful posters.