This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

NEW IGO Navigation APP for IOS

is anyone using the brand new IGO NAVIGATION app that just came out a few days ago? I would love to hear a review to see if it is worth purchasing....

Thanks ... Dave

Comments

• Boyd 1795 Points
    Looks interesting…

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/igo-navigation/id959927714
    http://www.igonavigation.com

It appears the basic app is free, and you then add features with in-app purchases. Why not give it a try? I might have a look, although Garmin StreetPilot works fine for me.
  • dahauss 81 Points
    I decided to go ahead and try. NOTHING is free after the one day trial.. I spent about $50 between the maps, TTS, 3d landscape, and traffic (which you need to buy every year)
  • dahauss 81 Points
    Im going to see how this works.. One the one day trial, I could not get bluetooth to work even though every other app works with bluetooth... hmmmmm
  • Boyd 1795 Points
    I also downloaded it. Initially, it doesn't do anything because there's no map. But, as you note, you get a 24 hour free trial of the region of your choice. The North America map is 1.5GB, guess I'll give it a try for a day but will probably delete after that...
  • dahauss 81 Points
    I didnt install all the states so I hope it is less then 1.5GB.. The trial doesnt let you test everything...
  • dahauss 81 Points
    edited June 2016
    Boyd said:

I also downloaded it. Initially, it doesn't do anything because there's no map. But, as you note, you get a 24 hour free trial of the region of your choice. The North America map is 1.5GB, guess I'll give it a try for a day but will probably delete after that...

The big thimg is I wanted to test traffic, TTS and some other map display feaures, but I could not....You need to purchase....
  • Boyd 1795 Points
    edited June 2016
    Ah, I see… after you select the free trial of your country you can then choose individual states. I downloaded New Jersey and am having a look. Not very impressed, the map is kind of ugly and it also has some strange diagonal lines superimposed over the background of the map. What are those? Maybe some kind of copy protection to make the map unique?

A rotating red circle appears when you tap the map. Not sure what that means. I selected the dark night colors, but it is showing day colors. Maybe it won't use night colors during the day? I don't see any way to force that.

I would say this one will get deleted well before the 24 hour trial ends… ;)
  • dahauss 81 Points
    all kinds of issues.. I may contact the IOS app store to get a refund.. TTS doesnt install right, everything else takes forever and fails until a couple of restarts.
  • Boyd 1795 Points
    I deleted it already without even bothering with a road test...
  • alokeprasad 102 Points
    It is difficult to compete with the free juggernauts: Google Maps and Here.

Both have offline storage of map data and have every feature that one can think of. And then there is Waze...with community generated traffic and cop info (although I don't like Waze's UI as much as the others.

I don't even bother trying out any competition. Hard to compete with good and free products.
    I learned the hard way.. by wasting $80+ on a now defunct Garmin Viago app. Never again!!
  • Boyd 1795 Points
    Still very happy with the Garmin StreetPilot app. :)