This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Here is now HERE WeGo

For those of you that didn't like that the Navteq name got changed to HERE or just thought that HERE was kind of a silly name for a mapping company, you maybe happy to know that both the HERE website and the iOS and Android applications are now called HERE WeGo. Hopefully the new name will make a bit more sense. ;)

Comments

• alanb 374 Points
    Still a corny name to me. It seems to me like "There" or "Where" would make more sense than "Here". I am already here.... don't need a map or navigation app to get here. :))
  • t923347 406 Points
    Yea, but with Here WeGo you can assume that your leaving here for some other place. :D
  • Boyd 1792 Points
    t923347 said:

For those of you that didn't like that the Navteq name got changed to HERE or just thought that HERE was kind of a silly name

I thought it was a kind of silly name, but HERE WeGo is just plain stupid. ;)
  • alanb 374 Points
    Next release is "Here WeGo Again!" :D
  • Boyd 1792 Points
    I mean, really… do they actually pay someone to come up with these ideas? They pick a stupid name that is also a commonly used word such that you had to CAPITALIZE it to make a sentence readable. And now they go from bad to worse. Navteq was a well respected company with a name that reflected its business. It's like somebody buying Coca Cola, changing the name to SODA then changing it again to iWanna SODA.

Sorry, this is just one of those little things that drives me crazy. ~X(