This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Base Camp Move Point Tool

Is there some trick to using the Move Point tool? I click on it in the drop down menu, but when I try to apply it to a route displayed on the map, nothing happens. Is there something else I need to do?

Comments

• t923347 413 Points
    edited August 2016
    Are you referring to the Move Waypoint facility? If so, right click on the waypoint you want to move and select Move Waypoint. In my case this results in a new waypoint flag, attached to the selected waypoint by a single black line, appearing on the screen. I just have to click and hold the new waypoint flag and move it to the location I want it to be in. Once in the correct location a single click of the mouse and the waypoint moves from it's original location to the new one I've selected.
  • tsainta 0 Points
    I guess I'm not sure of what I'm talking about. One of the choices in drop down menus across the top of the screen is Tools. When I click on Tools, one of the choices in the drop down menu is Move Point. In one of the demonstration videos it looks like all you have to do is click on Move Point, move to the route on the map, click on a point on the route, move it to a new location, and the route will modify itself to that location. In the demo video it doesn't seem to have to be a specific waypoint. When I do what I think I am seeing in the demo video, nothing happens.
  • t923347 413 Points
    edited August 2016
    I'm no where near an expert in BaseCamp functions but I think you have to select a waypoint for the Move function to work. I'm not sure but I don't think that just selecting a random point in a route is what the Move Point function is meant to be used for.

I think you should first select a waypoint to move (click on it) and then select Tools - Move Point from the menu. Now go back to the selected waypoint and click and hold the mouse on the waypoint flag. While holding the left mouse button down you should be able to then drag the mouse away from the flag and the new waypoint flag and black line I mentioned in my prior post should appear. Continue to drag the waypoint flag to the new location. Release the mouse and the waypoint should have moved from the old to the new location
  • tsainta 0 Points
    On my Tools menu drop down I can't get Move Point, Insert, or Divide to work at all, and when I use Eraser it erases the whole route.
  • sussamb 764 Points
    For those tools to work you must first select a route so its highlighted on the map. Once that's done those tools can be used. Move tool will move a selected waypoint as described above.
  • tsainta 0 Points
    Thanks.