This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

where are they?

I have a Garmin nuvi 2517 and have downloaded photos onto a SD card and placed the card in the 2517. How in God;s name do I access the photos?

Comments

• sussamb 616 Points
    You can't using your GPS, if that's what you're asking?
  • I understood you can have a slide show when not in gps mode. The bloody Garmin user manual is crap.
  • sussamb 616 Points
    Really? Where did you get that idea? I can see nothing in the user manual suggesting this, or in the Garmin specs or on their webpage?
  • alanb 347 Points
    If the 25x7 is like the 35x7, there is a hidden and undocumented photo viewer. You get to it by tapping the speed on the main navigation screen, then press and hold the speedometer on the trip log screen. This will bring up the Diagnostics Page Menu. Scroll down and find the Picture Viewer.

Like I said, this is on my 3597, but I don't know if it is on a 2517 model.
  • sussamb 616 Points
    Yes that feature is there in that model, but not part of the main menu structure, use at your peril :)
  • alanb 347 Points
    Well, I can see how some of the items in the Diagnostics Page menu might have some risk, but viewing pictures seems like it should be relatively harmless :D
  • sussamb 616 Points
    Yep if that's all you do ;)
  • alanb 347 Points
    Yeah, Garmin should have put the Picture Viewer in the Apps menu instead of where it is ... probably some kind of licensing or royalty situation that caused them to hide it.