This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Windows 10

I've seen that Garmin express or certain gps units are not compatible with Windows 10 Can you recommend a GPS for my car that will work with Windows 10 for updates.

Comments

• sussamb 634 Points
    Not sure what you've seen but Win10 works fine with all my Garmins and their numerous programs.
  • I had a Garmin navi 2597 and my computer wouldn't recognize it.
  • alanb 348 Points
    edited September 2016
    There is nothing different in the USB connectivity of the nuvi 2597 from any of the other modern Garmin automotive devices. So unless there was a hardware problem with your 2597 (unlikely), you will probably run into the same thing with any other model you get.

These problems can have several different causes and are almost always solvable. But since you no longer have your 2597, it would be hard for us to help you troubleshoot. Did you try calling (not email) Garmin support when you were having the problem with the 2597? If so, what did they say?
  • I called the place where I bought it, Garmin support, and tried the forum on Windows 10. Nobody could help me. Crazy. I hate to say it, but maybe I'll have to try a Magellen or Tom Tom
  • alanb 348 Points
    edited September 2016
    So what things did Garmin support have you try? Did you try the things in this FAQ: https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7B9b0aa260-3f4b-11e4-eaba-000000000000%7D

Best of luck with your TomTom or Magellan. Let us know how everything turns out.
  • I tried all of that. I was so disappointed.