This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

No New Maps Yet?

Have not seen the new Garmin map update 2017.30 yet.
Has anyone downloaded it or is it delayed again?

Comments

• Tim 1466 Points
    I wouldn't say they are delayed at all since Garmin doesn't have a release schedule. The times when they have released new maps in the last year or so have changed significantly since the years previous. So anticipating a release is just a wild guess.
  • Also makes me wonder why there is a need to predict the next map update on this page:
    http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/17527/when-is-the-next-garmin-map-update-latest-map-version

The predictions are never accurate. It's best to just say (The new maps will be here when they're here) :)
    No one knows when the maps will be out but Garmin.
  • It would be nice for me if they were made available before the end of this month, My data cap is good for this month, but from experience maps are made available early in the month so I dont have much hope of seeing it this month.
  • Tim 1466 Points

Also makes me wonder why there is a need to predict the next map update on this page

There isn't a need, other than it has historically been the second most question I get asked on this site. I used to be quite accurate, however the switch from four updates per year to three hasn't followed any discernible patterns. I suspect I'll get more accurate again once Garmin gets into their new groove.
  • I hope the new map update is significant! A new road, with scool and housing plan on it were built in my town at least three years ago. They still are not on the garmin maps. How the heck does EMS from out of the area find the location in an emergency? I can see the road, school and housing plan on google maps aerial view, but nothing is labeled and it doesn't show in street view so you can't navigate to it. Frustrating!!!
  • iggy 96 Points
    The new Garmin Maps are out.

It took about 1 hr 30 minutes to download and install.
  • t923347 413 Points
    iggy said:

The new Garmin Maps are out.

It took about 1 hr 30 minutes to download and install.

See http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/30650/cn-na-2017-30#latest where the new map update is being discussed.