This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Custom grid definition parameters help (Turkish )

Hello,
this is my first post in this forum.Thank all for contributers.My question is:
How do i define a custom grid to get my coordinates in ITRF96 datum(which is based on GRS80 ellipsiod.) Which parameters do i need and how do i set my MONTERRA with these parameters. thank you in advance.

Comments

• privet01 142 Points
    If that is not one of the options in the "Settings > Position Format" , "Map Datum" and/or "Map Spheroid", then I don't think you can if you are wanting to do it entirely on the Monterra. You can use on of the many websites that have calculators to let you input coordinates in one format and convert them to another format.

Also note Garmin's caution in the manual not to change the "position format" unless the map you are using on your device is specifically made for that format.

I could be wrong though, I've never used a Monterra, nor have I ever had a need to use my GPS with a different grid format or datum. I have had to use the conversion calculators available on the internet though.
  • grtr 0 Points
    privet01 said:

If that is not one of the options in the "Settings > Position Format" , "Map Datum" and/or "Map Spheroid", then I don't think you can if you are wanting to do it entirely on the Monterra. You can use on of the many websites that have calculators to let you input coordinates in one format and convert them to another format.

Also note Garmin's caution in the manual not to change the "position format" unless the map you are using on your device is specifically made for that format.

I could be wrong though, I've never used a Monterra, nor have I ever had a need to use my GPS with a different grid format or datum. I have had to use the conversion calculators available on the internet though.

Hi Privet01,
    Thank you for your answer. My aim could be achieved by using the user specified position format and datum but i really dont know which values to enter there.I have been searching the whole net for an example on this but couldnt manage to find one yet.