This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Difference between Nuvi 58 and nuvi 2689

Can anybody tell me if there is a difference between the two units regarding the number of foursquare interest points and map detail? Does the 2689 have a larger foursquare database and a much more detailed map than the 58 (for example a street, town might not be on the 58's map but it would be present on the 2689's map)?

Comments

• sussamb 780 Points
    Unlikely, certainly the map will be standard, but I guess its possible the foursqare coverage could be different. Any reason why you're asking?
  • Boyd 1955 Points
    edited November 2016
    Have you used the Compare feature on Garmin's site? I think this is really all that's different between these two models

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/catalog/product/compareResult.ep?compareProduct=501427&compareProduct=138361

I'd be very surprised if the Foursquare database was different. And remember, these are not "connected" devices so they rely on data provided in the map which is only updated a few times each year. So any POI's are going to be about a year old.

The big difference between these units is the screen. Aside from being larger, the 2689 screen is higher resolution and uses capacitive multi-touch technology. It can also be rotated in either portrait or landscape orientation. And it has Garmin's new "real directions" feature.
  • Thank you for your answers Sussamb and Boyd. I was asking because I had a 2689, returned it and ordered a 58 LMT. I thought the masp were standard, but I wanted to be sure about them and Foursquare thats why I asked.