This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin Nuvi 1490 - no map, cannot calculate route

All of a sudden my Garmin Nuvi 1490 stopped working. There is no map on the map screen, just a blue triangle, and if I try to go anywhere, it says "cannot calculate route." If I look for points of interest, it says, "No data available."

I have connected the Garmin to my computer and run Garmin's updater software from their website. The updates were (apparently) installed. I have also tried a hard reset. Still I have the same problem. Ideas?

Comments

• t923347 414 Points
    Sounds like the installed maps have either been deleted somehow or they have become "unselected" in the Nuvi's map settings. I'd suggest that you check the settings to be sure that the City Navigator maps are selected. Sorry I can't recall the exact key sequence for getting to that setting but I'm sure someone else here can help you.
  • sussamb 765 Points
    On the 1490 its Tools, Settings, Map, MapInfo. Does the map show there and is it selected? If not was the map on a SD card? If so check the card is still there?