This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 55 US map

Can I download map of Europe and map of Canada in the same device. Is there enough space?

Comments

• sussamb 639 Points
    edited December 2016
    Probably not but you can always use a sd card. I have my EU map on my device and the US map on a card.
  • Boyd 1744 Points
    edited December 2016
    Not quite clear what you're asking here. What map is currently installed on your Nuvi 55? Is it the United States or Europe?

If you want to add both Europe and Canada to a US device that contains the "Lower 49" map, that will require a lot of space and you will need memory card.

But if you are just trying to add Canada to a device with Europe, it's possible that might fit depending on available memory in your Nuvi. The Canada map is only 775 MB. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/8750#requirements

Regardless, micro SD cards are pretty cheap so it shouldn't be an issue. Just realize that when you purchase additional Garmin maps, they cannot be updated and there is no option to purchase lifetime versions. So if you want a new map in the future, you will have to purchase the full version again at full price.

It is counterintuitive, but in many cases it will actually be about the same price - or even cheaper - to just buy another Nuvi that already contains the map you want, and that will also include lifetime updates.