This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 2699 which size SD Card and Which Screen Protector?

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my NUVI 760 to a NUVI 2699.
Which size SD card should I buy for it?
I read the 2699 uses some sort of new screen technology
that results in pretty serious glare. Which screen protector
should I buy to reduce glare?

Thanks

Comments

• t923347 406 Points
    You can probably get away with a 8GB card but since they almost give these things away anymore, most of us use a 16GB or even a 32GB card. Never found I needed a screen protector, even on my 3597 which has a very reflective screen. Since the battery life is so short on these newer Nuvi models I only use the device plugged in in my vehicle and don't find any glare issues at all.
  • hermes 91 Points
    OK, I'll pickup a 16GB card since I'm not saving music or images on the card
    I'll pass on the screen protector.
    I wonder what's up w/ the short battery life on the new units?
    Saving money I guess.

Thanks.

• hermes 91 Points
    Forgot to ask about the speed of the SD card Class10 OK?
  • t923347 406 Points
    Class speed should not matter as it is used mostly for Write's to the card. Using the card in the Nuvi will result in mostly Read's. Any good name card (Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar, Transcend, etc.) Class 4 or better should work fine. The card will probably come formatted Fat32 but check it first to be sure as that is what the format needs to be in order to work with the Nuvi.
  • hermes 91 Points
    Will do.

thanks